THE GREAT ADVENTURE!
Most people who visit our church want to know more. The Oasis Church in Tucson is an exciting place to grow spiritually, develop lasting friendships, and allow God to work through you to make the world a better place to live. We call it "The Great Adventure." Developing a deep relationship with God really is the thrill of a lifetime.
The Oasis Church is designed to help you reach your full potential in Jesus Christ and to help you make a positive difference in our world. God has uniquely created you to accomplish great things for Him.
One of the important characteristics of The Oasis Church is our "Personal Life Development Process." It is a simple and understandable step-by-step process that will help you discover how and why God has made you and how to understand His unique plan for your life. It starts by helping you develop an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ that is both fun and exciting.
The next step is to learn the joy of living by God's principles. God's principles really do work. And then, you will learn the significance of living out God's unique purpose for your life and experience the tremendous power of God working through you to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you.
OUR STATEMENTS OF BELIEF
IN ESSENTIAL BELIEFS - WE HAVE UNITY.
IN NON-ESSENTIAL BELIEFS - WE HAVE LIBERTY.
IN ALL OUR BELIEFS WE HAVE - CHARITY (LOVE).
THE ESSENTIALS WE BELIEVE:
- The Bible is God's Word to man
- "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us our and teaches us to do what is right. It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equiped for every good thing God wants us to do." 2 Timothy 3:16, 17(NLT)
- The Bible is God's inerrant Word to us, infallible as originally given by God through human authors under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit, and is absolutely true and trustworthy. It is our only standard of faith and practise.
- There is one true and living God.
- "...one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all..." Ephesians 4:6 (NIV)
- "...in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..." Matthew 28:19 (NIV)
- There is one true and living God, the Creator and Sustainer of all things. He is infinite, eternal, unchangeable, and is revealed to us as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
- Man's condition is one of sin and separation from God.
- "For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard." Roman 3:23 (NLT)
- Man was created in innocence directly and immediately by God, in His spiritual image, for the purpose of fellowship with God and glory for God. Man was tempted by Satan and sinned, and because of this all men have been born in sin since that time. Every person has tremendous potential for good, but all are marred by a nature of rebellion and disobedience toward God which the Bible calls sin. Sin separates us from God, others, and all good things, ultimately and eternally in hell. All persons need to be saved from their sin.
- God has acted in Christ Jesus to save us from the penalty of our sin.
- "...he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death into life...And I give them eternal life, and they never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand...." John 5:24; 10:28 (NKJ)
- Jesus Christ is the only Savior from sin. He provided forgiveness and atonement for our sins on the cross, and rose again to provide life and justification. Apart from Christ, there is no salvation. All men are under condemnation through personal sin, and deliverance from condemnation comes only by the righteousness of Christ and not human merit. This righteousness is creditted to the believer by grace through faith. The Spirit regenerates of gives new life to the one who makes this life commitment ot Jesus, and he is kept by God's power forever, never to be lost.
- Jesus established the church to continue his mission and ministry on earth.
- "...Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for it..." Ephesians 5:25 (NKJ)
- A New Testament church is a voluntary association of baptized believers in Christ who have covenanted together to follow the teachings of the New Testament in doctrine, worship, and pratice. We believe that a church is a self-governed organization served by two types of leaders - pastors and elders.
- Jesus Christ will return and God's plan for eternity will be carried out.
- "...This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go..." Acts 1:111 (NKJ)
- "...looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ..." Titus 2:13 (NKJ)
- Everyone will face judgement before God; some to eternal life, others to eternal condemnation.
- "...it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement..." 2 Corinthians 5:8 (NKJ)
OUR STATEMENTS OF LIFESTYLE
- The Bible is our sole authority for faith and practise.
- The local church is completely autonomous.
- Every believer is a priest
- There is joy in generous giving.
- The believer is baptized by immersion after they believe.
- The believer's life is led by the Holy Spirit.
- We are responsible to tell others of our faith.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
To help people reach their full potential in Jesus Christ and to help them make a positive difference in the world.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To help people discover the intimacy of knowing God and His people (Membership), the honor of living by God's principles ( Maturity), the significance of living our God's calling (Ministry), the fulfillment of living for God's purpose (Mission), and the joy of living in God's power (Magnification).
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org